Wednesday, October 3, 2012

All you need is...

So we started a new church a little over a month ago and we are just absolutely amazed at how much we have learned so far in this very short time. We had been searching for so long for a church that was what we need at this phase of life. We searched for a few months, tried multiple churches, then ultimately went back to where we started. Not necessarily because we felt it was where we needed to be, but more we didn't find another church that was our new church home. Sunday after Sunday, we both felt we "needed to go", but was never really excited to go. One day I ran across something that said this church was opening a satellite church in Franklin. I had heard for years about it, but never went because it was in Nashville. 
So for weeks I prayed about it, and had a feeling that we HAD to go here. So the day finally came, we went to what I "thought" was the new church, turns out where I thought the church was located, was a different church! So at this point we are 20 minutes late, but I refused not to go! So, we googled it again, found that it met in a school, and off we went. It is a satellite  loaction which means the preacher is on a screen rather than actually there...something I was VERY leary about and hesitant. But I kept an open mind and told myself we are supposed to try this! AND...you guessed it. It was what we needed, wanted, prayed for, and more! I am so delighted we found this church and a huge bonus is my kids love it too! 


The topic for the last 4 weeks has been about reckless love. I thought I knew what love was but I was very wrong! It has taught me that loving recklessly is what God wants the most of us. Through this adoption process and backing up to many months ago when John and I made a the decision to seriously consider it sooner rather than later, isn't it ironic that God called it upon our hearts to adopt an orphan and THEN placed exactly what we needed in this process? Before we ever even knew we would try another church at this time? And the message is on LOVE? I personally think it is no coincidence whatsoever. I know He places what we need at the right time, in the right place, with the right people. I wanted to post this to remember that prayers are answered not exactly when we want them to be sometimes, but when they are supposed to be...which was decided long before we even knew we would adopt at this point in our lives.  

To our little man many miles away,
We pray for you every day...we already love you...we know you were created for our family...we will not give up until we have you here. Thank you for teaching us to love recklessly and have faith in God's timing.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message!!